Opening for Postdoctoral Research Fellow
The Wall lab in the Division of Systems Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral position. As a key member of the iHART (Hartwell Autism Informatics Research and Technology Initiative), the candidate will conduct bioinformatics and statistical analysis of whole-genome next generation sequencing data from over 5000 samples. This is an excellent opportunity for a successful candidate to perform novel research and publish results. Possible research projects include but are not limited to the development of machine learning/deep learning algorithms to study phenotype-genotype associations, applying statistical methods to identify risk genes, performing gene network analysis, and investigating the role of structural and copy number variants in the etiology of ASD and their association with the overall severity of ASD presentation.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics, Molecular Biology, or related field
- A track-record of publication in the top journals or conferences
- Experience with one or more programming languages including Python, R, Perl, C++, Java
- Experience in using standard bioinformatics toolkits and programs
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: data analysis, big data analytics, and machine learning
- Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, and capable of working independently with minimal supervision
Interested candidates should send an email to Dennis Wall at email@example.com.