April 02, 2019
Happy World Autism Awareness Day!
The Wall Lab’s very own PI, Dr. Dennis Wall, was recently featured on the radio show, “The Future of Everything” with Dr. Russ Altman. There, they discuss about the bottlenecks surrounding autism diagnosis and the potential solutions that may alleviate these difficulties through the Wall Lab’s ongoing projects, including the mobile charades game called Guess What?
Check out the video recording/podcast of the radio show down below and don’t forget to share with your family and friends!
JAMA Pediatrics Published Paper - Effect of Wearable Digital Intervention for Improving Socialization in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder
March 25, 2019
Springtime is here, and sunglasses are finally back in season.
The medical journal, JAMA Pediatrics, has featured our recently published paper on the Wall Lab’s own eyewear, the Superpower Glass, entitled “Effect of Wearable Digital Intervention for Improving Socialization in Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder”. This study examines the efficacy of an artificial intelligence-driven wearable behavioral intervention using the Google Glass for improving social outcomes of children with ASD.
Check out the published research article here: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2728462
November 27, 2018
The Wall Lab is back with some very exciting news!
The medical journal, PLOS Medicine, has featured our recently published paper on the Machine Learning Diagnostic Classifiers, entitled “Mobile detection of autism through machine learning on home video: A development and prospective validation study”. This study examines the potential of feature tagging home videos for machine learning classification of autism to speed up diagnosis without compromising accuracy.
Check out the published research article here: https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1002705
August 06, 2018
The Wall Lab is back with some very exciting news:
We have recently completed a study on the Autism Therapy on Glass project, and have published the paper to the journal npj Digital Medicine, entitled “Exploratory study examining the at-home feasibility of a wearable tool for social-affective learning in children with autism”. This study examines the Google Glass’s potential for social-affective learning for children with autism.
Check out the press releases below!
- ABC: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/researchers-explore-google-glass-tool-autistic-kids-socialize/story?id=56986562
- NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/google-glass-offers-hope-kids-autism-n896771
- Stanford News Center: http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2018/08/google-glass-helps-kids-with-autism-read-facial-expressions.html
- Science News: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/google-glass-could-help-children-autism-socialize-others
- Disability Scoop: https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2018/08/02/kids-autism-google-glass/25350/
- Mashable: https://mashable.com/2018/08/02/google-glass-helps-autism/#hJuywOcQzmqL
- SCMP: https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/health-wellness/article/2153875/how-google-glass-can-improve-autistic-childrens-social
- Fox 5 DC: http://www.fox5dc.com/health/the-autism-glass-project-uses-google-glass-to-help-those-with-autism
- Newsweek: https://www.newsweek.com/google-glass-helps-children-autism-see-emotions-1056317
- Reuters: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-autism-google-glass/google-glass-may-help-kids-with-autism-read-facial-expressions-idUSKBN1KN2RM
- Interesting Engineering: https://interestingengineering.com/google-glass-can-help-autistic-kids-develop-social-skills-study-reveals
- Digital Trends: https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/stanford-google-glass-autism-kids/
- Healio: https://www.healio.com/psychiatry/autism-spectrum-disorders/news/online/%7Bb4d48dc5-21f7-4a7d-8fee-6d7c061a0d09%7D/google-glass-helps-children-with-autism-read-emotions
- WebMD: https://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/news/20180802/google-glass-aids-kids-with-autism-relate-to-others#1
- New Atlas: https://newatlas.com/google-glass-autism-expressions/55745/
- Medscape: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/900519
- MedPage Today: https://www.medpagetoday.com/neurology/autism/74371
- New Scientist: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2175811-google-glass-app-uses-emojis-to-help-children-with-autism-read-faces/
- Washington DC News: https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/Google-Glass-Kids-Autism-Eye-Contact-Stanford-489879341.html
March 07, 2018
Recent advances by scientists, clinicians, educators and engineers are speeding developments in diagnosing and treating autism, understanding its root causes, and helping people with autism and their families live full lives. Read all about the great research from the School of Medicine below!